Quiz: Hästen i historien

Om hästar, ryttare, ridning, körning mm genom historien, både civilt och militärt. Värd: Markus Holst
Skriv svar
Användarvisningsbild
Markus Holst
C Skalman
Kontakt:

Re: Quiz: Hästen i historien

Inlägg av Markus Holst » 27 maj 2022, 17:08

Hans skrev:
27 maj 2022, 15:36

Det här tycker jag är intressant:
Det har spekulerats i att kentauren som mytologiskt väsen härstammar från bofasta jordbrukares första intryck av ryttarnomader från den eurasiska stäppen.
Så är det. Ryttare dök plötsligt upp på ett annat ställe i en annan tidsålder. Den gången blev ingen förvånad eftersom det i skapelseberättelsen berättades om en tvåhövdat gud från havet. Var och när är vi då?

StefanZ
Medlem

Inlägg av StefanZ » 28 maj 2022, 19:37

Markus Holst skrev:
27 maj 2022, 17:08
Hans skrev:
27 maj 2022, 15:36

Det här tycker jag är intressant:
Det har spekulerats i att kentauren som mytologiskt väsen härstammar från bofasta jordbrukares första intryck av ryttarnomader från den eurasiska stäppen.
Så är det. Ryttare dök plötsligt upp på ett annat ställe i en annan tidsålder. Den gången blev ingen förvånad eftersom det i skapelseberättelsen berättades om en tvåhövdat gud från havet. Var och när är vi då?
Dagens Mexico? Aztec-riket.

Användarvisningsbild
Markus Holst
C Skalman
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Markus Holst » 28 maj 2022, 20:39

Typ där någonstans, i nya världen. StefanZ ställer nästa fråga.

StefanZ
Medlem

Inlägg av StefanZ » 30 maj 2022, 22:08

Markus Holst skrev:
28 maj 2022, 20:39
Typ där någonstans, i nya världen. StefanZ ställer nästa fråga.

Tack. Nästa fråga handlar om mörksens gärningar; inbegriper förvisso hästar och ritter, men det är ryttarna som är kända.

En blev en legend nästan omedelbart, den andre blev legend först 100 år därefter...

Silver och silversmide vart inblandade på ett hörn.
En överste fanns med på ett annat hörn.

Vem och vad kan jag tänkas mena??

Patrik Öbrink
Medlem

Inlägg av Patrik Öbrink » 31 maj 2022, 09:31

Kan det vara Paul Revere och hans berömda midnattsritt?
Paul Revere is an American folk hero of the American Revolution whose dramatic horseback ride on the night of April 18, 1775, warned Boston area residents that the British were coming.

Revere was born on December 21, 1734, in Boston, Massachusetts to Paul Revere, Sr, and Deborah Hitchbourn Revere. He was their third child and eldest surviving son. Paul was educated at the North Writing School and received sufficient education to enable him later to read the difficult metallurgical books of his period. His father was a silversmith and taught his craft to his son when Paul left school at the age of 13 to become his apprentice.

When Paul was 19 years old and nearly finished with his apprenticeship, his father died, leaving Paul as the family’s main source of income. Two years later, in February 1756, Revere was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Massachusetts Artillery and sent to fight in the French and Indian War in upstate New York. When he returned in the Fall of 1756 he began to build the family silver business.

(---)

In the 1770s Revere enthusiastically supported the patriot cause and in 1773 he donned Indian garb and joined 50 other patriots in the Boston Tea Party protest. He also served for years as the principal rider for Boston’s Committee of Safety, making journeys to New York and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in its service. He also helped to organize an intelligence and alarm system to keep watch on the British military.

By the time he made his famous midnight ride, Revere was 41 years old, owned his own home on North Square, and his silversmith business, located just a short distance away on the North End waterfront, was prosperous.

At 10:00 pm on the night of April 18, 1775, Revere received instructions from activist Dr. Joseph Warren to ride to Lexington, Massachusetts to warn John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and the colonial militia that the British were approaching. He warned Hancock and Adams of their potential arrest and urged the patriots to move their military stores.

Both he and another rider named William Dawes reached Lexington separately and both delivered the warning. Afterward, the pair along with a man named Samuel Prescott then started for Concord to give the warning, but they were soon stopped by a British patrol. Only Prescott got through. Revere was soon released by the British and returned to Lexington on foot. Because of Revere’s and the others’ warnings, the Minutemen were ready the next morning in Lexington to fight the battle that launched the American Revolution.
https://www.legendsofamerica.com/paul-revere/

StefanZ
Medlem

Inlägg av StefanZ » 31 maj 2022, 17:10

Patrik Öbrink skrev:
31 maj 2022, 09:31
Kan det vara Paul Revere och hans berömda midnattsritt?
Paul Revere is an American folk hero of the American Revolution whose dramatic horseback ride on the night of April 18, 1775, warned Boston area residents that the British were coming.

Revere was born on December 21, 1734, in Boston, Massachusetts to Paul Revere, Sr, and Deborah Hitchbourn Revere. He was their third child and eldest surviving son. Paul was educated at the North Writing School and received sufficient education to enable him later to read the difficult metallurgical books of his period. His father was a silversmith and taught his craft to his son when Paul left school at the age of 13 to become his apprentice.

When Paul was 19 years old and nearly finished with his apprenticeship, his father died, leaving Paul as the family’s main source of income. Two years later, in February 1756, Revere was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Massachusetts Artillery and sent to fight in the French and Indian War in upstate New York. When he returned in the Fall of 1756 he began to build the family silver business.

(---)

In the 1770s Revere enthusiastically supported the patriot cause and in 1773 he donned Indian garb and joined 50 other patriots in the Boston Tea Party protest. He also served for years as the principal rider for Boston’s Committee of Safety, making journeys to New York and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in its service. He also helped to organize an intelligence and alarm system to keep watch on the British military.

By the time he made his famous midnight ride, Revere was 41 years old, owned his own home on North Square, and his silversmith business, located just a short distance away on the North End waterfront, was prosperous.

At 10:00 pm on the night of April 18, 1775, Revere received instructions from activist Dr. Joseph Warren to ride to Lexington, Massachusetts to warn John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and the colonial militia that the British were approaching. He warned Hancock and Adams of their potential arrest and urged the patriots to move their military stores.

Both he and another rider named William Dawes reached Lexington separately and both delivered the warning. Afterward, the pair along with a man named Samuel Prescott then started for Concord to give the warning, but they were soon stopped by a British patrol. Only Prescott got through. Revere was soon released by the British and returned to Lexington on foot. Because of Revere’s and the others’ warnings, the Minutemen were ready the next morning in Lexington to fight the battle that launched the American Revolution.
https://www.legendsofamerica.com/paul-revere/
Ja, det är silversmeden Paul Revere en av dem...

En jungfru av bourbon-whisky till dig för det. :)

Den andre då?

StefanZ
Medlem

Inlägg av StefanZ » 31 maj 2022, 21:20

tips.
Den andra incidenten skedde vid ungefär samma tidsperiod. Närapå en parallell. Men blev alltså allmänt känd en 100 år senare, ca 1900.

Användarvisningsbild
Markus Holst
C Skalman
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Markus Holst » 31 maj 2022, 22:47

Då försvinner Stenbocks kurir.

StefanZ
Medlem

Inlägg av StefanZ » 1 juni 2022, 09:31

Markus Holst skrev:
31 maj 2022, 22:47
Då försvinner Stenbocks kurir.
Ja inte heller menas här Tsarens kurir. :)

Det finns de som menar att att vår nattliga ryttare är för bra för att vara sann, dvs den som berättade, kollade i arkiven breven etc, var egentligen en skönlitterär författare...

Men hur som. Legenden och personen finns och hedras av många. Legenden nämner även hästens namn.

Reveres häst var en hyrhäst, vår ryttare var ägare till sin. (eller iaf att familjen ägde hästen).

Patrik Öbrink
Medlem

Inlägg av Patrik Öbrink » 1 juni 2022, 10:16

Menar du Sybil Ludington?
Sybil Ludington (or Sibbell), April 5, 1761 – February 26, 1839, was a heroine of the American Revolutionary War. On April 26, 1777, the 16 year-old daughter of a colonel in the Colonial militia, Henry Ludington, made an all-night horseback ride to alert militia forces in the neighboring towns of what is today's Putnam County, New York of the burning of Danbury, Connecticut by British forces.

Her story was first published in 1880 by local historian Martha Lamb. Her book has the earliest known reference to Ludington's ride. A later reference appeared in an account of her father's life published in 1907. Because of the lack of contemporary accounts, one prominent historian has questioned whether these events occurred.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_Ludington

StefanZ
Medlem

Inlägg av StefanZ » 1 juni 2022, 13:01

Patrik Öbrink skrev:
1 juni 2022, 10:16
Menar du Sybil Ludington?
Sybil Ludington (or Sibbell), April 5, 1761 – February 26, 1839, was a heroine of the American Revolutionary War. On April 26, 1777, the 16 year-old daughter of a colonel in the Colonial militia, Henry Ludington, made an all-night horseback ride to alert militia forces in the neighboring towns of what is today's Putnam County, New York of the burning of Danbury, Connecticut by British forces.

Her story was first published in 1880 by local historian Martha Lamb. Her book has the earliest known reference to Ludington's ride. A later reference appeared in an account of her father's life published in 1907. Because of the lack of contemporary accounts, one prominent historian has questioned whether these events occurred.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_Ludington
Juste. Snarlik situation till Reveres ritt, men dubbelt så lång och därmed dubbelt så svår. Dottern till en överste för milisen; Sybil, hennes enda lilla fördel var att hon kände väl sin häst, Star.

Du PATRIK har svarat på bägge delfrågorna, så förutom jungfrun med bourbon whisky, får du också rätt att ställa nästa gåta.

Patrik får stafettpinnen.
Senast redigerad av 1 StefanZ, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.

Patrik Öbrink
Medlem

Inlägg av Patrik Öbrink » 1 juni 2022, 13:38

Tack!

Nu blir det en fråga som egentligen inte har något med hästar att göra.

Titta på bilden och svara: Vad kallas detta på svenska med ett ord som för tankarna till hästar? På originalspråket har det ingen hästanknytning.

2022-05-31 17.43.31.jpg

Patrik Öbrink
Medlem

Inlägg av Patrik Öbrink » 1 juni 2022, 17:37

Namnet är en benämning på den specifika drycken i det specifika glaset.

Användarvisningsbild
Markus Holst
C Skalman
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Markus Holst » 1 juni 2022, 18:32

Det känns fel att svara öl, men jag gissar att det är något lokalt öl i glaset.

Användarvisningsbild
cats
Medlem

Inlägg av cats » 1 juni 2022, 19:29

Tänker på vad de islänningar fick som svar när de skickade isländskt öl till ett laboratorium. Hästen är frisk.
Stallion är ett öl som finns i olika versioner. Dock inte på Island...

Min gissning är alltså Stallion öl

Skriv svar