Den nye påvens vapen.

Heraldik, fanor och flaggor, insignia, mynt, medaljer m.m.
Skriv svar
Användarvisningsbild
tyskaorden
Redaktör emeritus

Den nye påvens vapen.

Inlägg av tyskaorden » 5 maj 2005, 14:44

Så har då den nye påvens Benedikt XVI:s vapen presenterats:

[img]http://www.heraldik.se/forum/forum/data ... evapen.JPG[/img]
Bilden är hämtad från Svenska heraldiska föreningens debattfora Heraldica med tillstånd av "Valdemar". http://www.heraldik.se/forum

Negerhuvudet eller som det kallas inom heraldiken Morianhuvudet kommer från vapnet för ärkestiftet München-Freising och syftar på påvens tidsom ärkebiskop där 1977-1980. Musselskalet visar bl.a. på Schottenkloster, ett prästseminarium där påven verkade som lärare. Björnen symboliserar den helige Korbinian, enligt traditionen grundare av Freisings stift år 724.

Användarvisningsbild
Hexmaster
Saknad medlem †
Kontakt:

Re: Den nye påvens vapen.

Inlägg av Hexmaster » 5 maj 2005, 14:52

tyskaorden skrev:eller som det kallas inom heraldiken Morianhuvudet
Here we go again...

Stefan Lundgren
Stödjande medlem 2022
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Stefan Lundgren » 6 maj 2005, 14:55

En fråga bara, har varje påve haft en egen vapen, jag trodde dom hade samma vapen.

Stefan

Användarvisningsbild
Lindir
Medlem

Inlägg av Lindir » 8 maj 2005, 00:36

Den där bilden stämmer inte riktigt, eftersom den nya påven (som därmed bryter med tidigare standard i frågan) har ersatt den påvliga tiaran (påvekronan) med en mitra (biskopsmössa) och ett pallium ("påvestolan", dvs det ullband som syns under skölden i påvens vapen).

Så här ser vapnet ut på Vatikanens hemsida:

Bild

Och så här beskrivs vapnet i ett meddelande från Catholic News Service (29 april):
CNS skrev:The papal crown has been given the boot once again, this time no longer appearing as part of the new pope's coat of arms.

Pope Benedict XVI has dispensed with the image of the three-tiered tiara that traditionally appeared at the top of each pope's coat of arms and replaced it with the pointed miter.

The pope also has added the pallium, the woolen stole symbolizing a bishop's authority, to the elements surrounding the shield.

The details of the new papal blazon were published in the April 28 edition of the Vatican newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano. A copy was released April 27 to journalists.

"Benedict XVI has chosen a coat of arms that is rich in symbolism and meaning, so as to put his personality and his papacy in the hands of history," said Italian Archbishop Andrea Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo, an expert on heraldry and creator of Benedict XVI's new insignia.

"For at least the past eight centuries, popes have had their own personal coats of arms in addition to the symbols of the Apostolic See," the archbishop said in the Vatican newspaper.

While each papal shield is unique, the elements surrounding it had more or less remained the same for centuries -- until now.

Gone is the beehive-shaped crown whose actual use in important ceremonies was abandoned during the papacy of Paul VI. For Pope Benedict's ensign, the more modest and recognizable miter has taken its place.

But the silver miter has three gold stripes to mirror the symbolism of the papal tiara's three tiers: "order, jurisdiction and magisterum," said Archbishop Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo, who had served as an apostolic nuncio for more than 20 years.

A vertical gold band connects the three stripes in the middle "to indicate their unity in the same person," he said.

Another novelty is the addition of the white pallium with black crosses draped below the shield.

"It indicates the (bishop's) role of being pastor of the flock entrusted to him by Christ," wrote Archbishop Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo.

What has not changed and has been part of papal emblems for centuries is the Holy See's insignia of two crossed keys, which symbolize the powers Christ gave to the Apostle Peter and his successors. The gold key on the right represents the power in heaven and the silver key on the left indicates the spiritual authority of the papacy on earth. The cord that unites the two keys alludes to the bond between the two powers.

Nestled on top of the keys lies the unique shield of Pope Benedict, which is based on his coat of arms as archbishop of Munich and Freising, Germany, and is particularly rich in personal and spiritual symbolism, wrote Archbishop Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo.

The shield is divided into three sections -- each of which has its own symbol.

The central element on a red background is a large gold shell that has theological and spiritual significance for the pope, the archbishop said. The shell recalls a legend in which St. Augustine came across a boy on the seashore who was scooping water from the sea and pouring it into a small hole he had dug in the sand.

When the saint pondered this seemingly futile activity, it struck him as analogous to limited human minds trying to understand the infinite mystery of the divine.

"The shell reminds me of my great master Augustine, of my theological work, and of the vastness of the mystery which surpasses all our learning," wrote then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger in his 1997 autobiography "Milestones, Memoirs: 1927-1977."

Also, Archbishop Cordero di Montezemolo wrote that the shell has long symbolized the pilgrim, "a symbolism Benedict XVI wants to keep alive" after Pope John Paul II, "the great pilgrim."

The shell is also present in the coat of arms of the Schotten monastery in Regensburg, Germany, to which the pope "feels very spiritually close," the archbishop said.

The upper left-hand section of the shield depicts a brown-faced Moor with red lips, crown and collar; it is a symbol of the former Diocese of Freising dating back to the eighth century.

Though it is not known why the Moor came to represent Freising, the pope said for him "it is an expression of the universality of the church which knows no distinctions of race or class since all are one in Christ," he said in his book, "Milestones."

Finally, a brown bear loaded with a pack on his back lumbers up the upper right-hand section of the shield.

The bear is tied to an old Bavarian legend about the first bishop and patron saint of the Diocese of Freising, St. Corbinian. According to the legend, when the saint was on his way to Rome, a bear attacked and killed his horse. St. Corbinian punished the bear by making him carry the saint's belongings the rest of the way to Rome.

Archbishop Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo said the bear symbolizes the beast "tamed by the grace of God," and the pack he is carrying symbolizes "the weight of the episcopate."

The pope said in his 1997 autobiography: "Meanwhile, I have carried my pack to Rome and wander for some time now through the streets of the Eternal City. When release will come I cannot know. What I do know is that I am God's pack animal, and, as such, close to him."

Användarvisningsbild
tyskaorden
Redaktör emeritus

Inlägg av tyskaorden » 8 maj 2005, 13:22

Den s.k. mitran i den version av påvens vapen som du presenterar Lindir, skulle jag vilja säga är tecknarens förenkling av den påvliga tiaran.

Användarvisningsbild
Lindir
Medlem

Inlägg av Lindir » 8 maj 2005, 21:45

tyskaorden skrev:Den s.k. mitran i den version av påvens vapen som du presenterar Lindir, skulle jag vilja säga är tecknarens förenkling av den påvliga tiaran.
Jo, det kanske kan se så ut, men det är en mitra. Den är dock avsiktligt utformad för att anspela på den symbolik som fanns i mitran, genom att mitrans tre kronor ersatts av tre horisontella band förbundna av ett vertikalt. Symboliken förklaras närmare i den text jag citerade ovan. Den som uttalar sig där är den person som själv skapat vapnet, så han vet nog vilka symboler han valt att stoppa in i (och runt) det.

Användarvisningsbild
tyskaorden
Redaktör emeritus

Inlägg av tyskaorden » 9 maj 2005, 14:44

Jo naturligtvis har du rätt där, läste inte så noga vad ärkebiskopen hade tyckt. Dock är han en klåpare av stora mått enligt min mening. Den påvliga tiaran är av hävd symbol för påven och borde ha bibehållits. Argumentet att den ej bärs längre är ju också lite knepig då de många hattar som brukas inom den katolska kyrkans heraldik knappast bärs de heller.

Användarvisningsbild
Lindir
Medlem

Inlägg av Lindir » 12 maj 2005, 14:01

Jovisst, om vi går in på aspekten att det borde ha varit en tiara och inte mitra kan jag ju inte annat än hålla med! :)

Användarvisningsbild
tyskaorden
Redaktör emeritus

Inlägg av tyskaorden » 25 april 2006, 00:10

Stefan Lundgren skrev:En fråga bara, har varje påve haft en egen vapen, jag trodde dom hade samma vapen.

Stefan
Varje påve har haft ett eget vapen i alla fall tillbaka till medeltiden.

Hittade denna sajt med bilder på olika sätt att måla påvens vapen, det är ju inte fastställt hur ett vapen skall målas utan endast vad som skall finnas i det. Detta tillåter ju olika variationer, se bl.a. medlemen i svenska heraldiska föreningen Davor Zovkos variant.

http://www.guyselvester.50megs.com/photo3.html

Skriv svar