Den Moraviske/Mähriska Port

Diskussioner kring händelser under nordisk forntid & vikingatid.
Användarvisningsbild
Karsten Krambs
Medlem
Kontakt:

Re: Den Moraviske/Mähriska Port

Inlägg av Karsten Krambs » 28 augusti 2016, 15:05

Mohelnice logboat
Jason S. Rogers skrev:In spring 1999 a large oak logboat was discovered in Mohelnice Lake in northern Moravia. The discovery location is a former meander of the Morava River, which today is channelled c.50 m from the site. The vessel was buried too deeply in the bank to be pulled out by hand, and was finally extracted using two mechanical excavators. This vessel measures 10.46 m long, 1.05 m wide, with a maximum height of 60 cm (Fig. 15). Neither bow nor stern is elevated above the level of the gunwales, and there are four transverse ridges carved from the solid across the floor. Both bow and stern have overhanging platform ends; the bow tapers slightly in plan view, the stern not at all. The vessel’s overhanging platform ends may improve sailing performance as well as providing extra flotation and shielding the crew from spray. There is a structural advantage as well; a dugout end shaped like a ‘duck-bill’ resists splitting and cracking caused by differential drying of wood fibres (cf. McKee, 1983: 56). Using the minimum freeboard method (Fry, 2000), the estimated carrying capacity for this vessel was calculated to be c.1077 kg (Rogers, 2004: 113). Analysis of the Mohelnice vessel by both dendrochronology and radiocarbon methods revealed a construction date of 281 BC, making it the oldest dated specimen in the Czech Republic (Kucerová and Peška, 2004: 34). This dating places the vessel construction during Reinecke’s La Tène B2 period (310 to 240 BC). The Central European La Tène period is usually equated with ‘Celtic’ cultures. In its initial discovery location, the boat lay bottom-up among wooden poles or pilings driven into the lake-bed. The vessel’s stern was wedged between a row of pilings, and the bow was leaning against another pole. Similar poles or pilings were found protruding from the lake-bed and riverbank in various locations in the near vicinity. The vessel’s discoverer postulated that these pilings were originally a docking or landing location, and that the boat was found in situ (Kucerová and Peška, 2004: 33). Logboat weightdistribution gives them a tendency to turn upright when submerged. The bottom-up orientation of the Mohelnice boat is therefore quite unusual and almost certainly the result of a deliberate act. The position of the vessel ‘wedged between’ and ‘leaning upon’ pilings also shows the intentional corralling or trapping of the vessel. Reasons for such behaviour may reflect formalized or ritualized boundaries or restrictions on travel (see Van de Noort, 2006; Van de Noort, forthcoming), particularly in the highly-significant watershed boundary in the vicinity of the Moravian Gate.
Kilde: Logboats from Bohemia and Moravia, Czech Republic, by Jason S. Rogers, University of Exeter, Department of Archaeology, North Park Road, Exeter EX4 4Q, UK, The International Journal of Nautical Archaeology (2010) 39.2: 310–326 doi: 10.1111/j.1095-9270.2009.00251.x
Mohelnice logboat.jpg
Figure 15. Mohelnice logboat. (After Kucerová and Peška, 2004, fig. 2)
Se også forrige indlæg af samme forsker.

Användarvisningsbild
Karsten Krambs
Medlem
Kontakt:

Re: Den Moraviske/Mähriska Port

Inlägg av Karsten Krambs » 8 september 2016, 17:36

Interessant er disse fakta fra tråden om ’Voldtofte-dynastiet i yngre bronzealder 900-700 f.Kr.’
Voldtofte-dynastiet skrev:Stenkisten (Lusehøj) indeholdt en bronzespand med korsformede hankebeslag, anvendt som urne og fremstillet så langt borte som i det sydøstalpine område, muligvis fra Kärnten-Steiermark regionen i Austria. Som låg var benyttet en buet bronzeplade dækket af et harpikslag (birkebeg?) med indlagte ravstumper, og derpå var urnen pakket ind i groft uldtøj og en kohud. Bronzespanden var fyldt med brændte ben, indsvøbt i et stykke fint linnedstof af nældefibre (netteldug 14C dateret til 940-750 BC), der havde et strontiumniveau, som ligeledes pegede mod nævnte Kärnten-Steiermark region i Austria.
På strækningen fra den romerske by Aquileia og frem mod den Mähriska Port, grænser ravruten (the amber road) til regionen Kärnten-Steiermark i Østrig. Noget tyder på at bronzespande fra dette område fandt vej til Voldtofte på Fyn for 2800 år siden ad denne handelsvej.

Skriv svar