Quiz: Kulturhistoria

Diskussioner kring vår historia i allmänhet.
Skriv svar
Användarvisningsbild
sveahk
Redaktör och stödjande medlem 2024

Re: Quiz: Kulturhistoria

Inlägg av sveahk » 22 februari 2019, 18:08

Markus Holst skrev:
22 februari 2019, 17:34
Britannia?
Moder Svea?
Ingen symbolfigur, nej, en dam som, bland annat, älskade choklad!

Hans K

Användarvisningsbild
Markus Holst
C Skalman
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Markus Holst » 22 februari 2019, 18:32

sveahk skrev:
22 februari 2019, 18:08
en dam som, bland annat, älskade choklad!
Finns det damer som inte gör det? :?

Användarvisningsbild
sveahk

Inlägg av sveahk » 22 februari 2019, 21:26

Markus Holst skrev:
22 februari 2019, 18:32
sveahk skrev:
22 februari 2019, 18:08
en dam som, bland annat, älskade choklad!
Finns det damer som inte gör det? :?
Tja, säg det, säg det...Anyway, damen i fråga såg innan choklad-diäten hade satt sina lekamliga spår - ut så här...
ung.jpg
innan.jpg
innan.jpg (12.65 KiB) Visad 600 gånger

Hans K

Femtiotrean
Medlem

Inlägg av Femtiotrean » 23 februari 2019, 21:59

"Her biographer, Cees Fasseur, tells us that from the 1920’s onwards Queen Wilhelmina struggled with keeping her figure. Particularly fond of chocolate, she also found the cakes and pastries of Maison Krul irresistible. Maison Krul was a very famous Haagse pastry shop, located in Noordeinde 44-46, just a stone’s throw away from the Noordeinde Palace where the Queen resided during the winter months."

"To visitors from outside The Netherlands I must always explain that this statue represents Wilhelmina at the end of the Second World War. There she stands, an elderly woman seemingly broader than she is tall, at least partly due to the heavy fur coat she is wearing. And I explain that this statue is part of the so-called Wilhelmina Memorial. On the wall facing the statue is the inscription referring to her role during WWII: ‘1880-1962 Wilhelmina. Behind her voice from exile stood a figure like this 1940-1945’"

"A monument to Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands, the longest reigning Dutch monarch, sits just outside the gates of Noordeinde Palace in The Hague."

"The Queen Wilhelmina monument on Paleisplein was designed by Charlotte van Pallandt based on photos taken of Wilhelmina at an event in Rotterdam in 1958. On the stone wall in back of the bronze statue are the words ‘Eenzaam maar niet alleen‘ (Lonely, but not alone), the title of the memoir she wrote during her final years. The monument was unveiled in 1987 during a ceremony attended by both her daughter Princess Juliana and her granddaughter Queen Beatrix."

Monument Koningin Wilhelmina

Statyn är egentligen en kopia i brons av statyn i sten som restes i Rotterdam år 1968 samma skulptör gjorde:

Bild

Användarvisningsbild
sveahk

Inlägg av sveahk » 23 februari 2019, 23:20

Utmärkt femtiotrean, Wilhelmina var det, och du har frågan!

En personlig betraktelse - beundransvärt ett folk som självklart kan ställa ut sin kära drottning på detta som man nog får säga mindre fördelaktiga sättet. I andra länder ser vi statyer av härskare och krigshjältar i heroiska poser, oftast troligtvis mer idealiserade än de någonsin var i verkligheten! Så ej i detta fallet - chapeau Holland!

Hans K

Femtiotrean
Medlem

Inlägg av Femtiotrean » 24 februari 2019, 08:46

En mycket sympatisk staty! När en drottning är så älskad och aktad av sitt folk som Wilhelmina kan hon eller hennes staty se ut som en torggumma!

Jag har inte sett ingendera av de två statyerna men jag samlade frimärken - ganska oentusiastiskt, det måste man säga - precis som mina skolkompisar och någonting har stannat i minnet.
10ct.png
10ct.png (99.78 KiB) Visad 574 gånger
225cent.png
225cent.png (186.18 KiB) Visad 574 gånger

Vi lämnar Nederländerna där vädret i februari kan vara rätt så vidrigt i februari och fär syn på en ny staty:
siluett.png
Vem är det som står staty och var befinner vi oss?

Femtiotrean
Medlem

Inlägg av Femtiotrean » 25 februari 2019, 09:43

Statyn eller ryttaren är inte förgylld. det är stålens glans i solskenet som ger det intrycket.

Statyn står stolt, det kan man inte förneka, men det har inte stått länge utan den restes - om man kan använda det ordet här - ungefär för tio år sedan.
etthalvtdussin.png
Tyvärr har jag ingen aning om hur manga besökare det är årligen, men jag är ganska säker på att det är fler än sex getar :lol:

Användarvisningsbild
Markus Holst
C Skalman
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Markus Holst » 25 februari 2019, 09:55

Jag gissar att vi är någonstans på Asiens vida hedar?

Femtiotrean
Medlem

Inlägg av Femtiotrean » 25 februari 2019, 10:34

Om du antar det, går du knappast helt fel.

PS Vi befinner oss på en ort och i ett land som jag har aldrig besökt.

Användarvisningsbild
sveahk

Inlägg av sveahk » 25 februari 2019, 11:41

Kanske den här kämpen som blodigt besjungs av Hasse A. i detta Lundaspex...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JlXoWRhFbg&t=51s

Utanför Ulan Bator står den, 30 meter hög är den.

?

Hans K

Femtiotrean
Medlem

Inlägg av Femtiotrean » 25 februari 2019, 12:45

Det stämmer! Statyn av storkhanen lär vara den största ryttarstatyn i världen. Statyn - man borde kanske tala om ett helt komplex - ligger ungefär 50 km i sydöstlig riktning från huvudstaden Ulaanbaatar - så bör det kanske stavas i dag? - på en plats där han enligt legenden fann sin gyllene piska.

"As the Eifel Tower is for the French, the Statue of Liberty for the Americans and The Great Wall for the Chinese, The Taj Mahal for the Indians; The Chinggis Khan Statue, which was erected in 2008, has become an icon of which Mongolia can be proud.

The world’s largest statue of a rider on a horse standing at 131 feet tall; the Chinggis Khan Statue is located on the historical site of Tsonjin Boldog, approximately 50 kilometers outside Ulaanbaatar.

The honourable statue is surrounded by 36 columns representing the 36 Mongolian Khans. The entire edifice is covered in 250 tonnes of steel. Also, the statue complex gate is decorated with statues of 9 generals of Chinggis Khan.

Visitors ascend to the exhibition hall using an elevator at the back of the horse and then walk to the horse’s head passing through its chest and the back of its neck from where they will have an excellent panoramic view over the complex area and the scenery beyond.

The 40 meters high steel statue of Mongolia’s Chinggis Khan houses a restaurant, a small art gallery, a meeting room, a large lobby and an observation deck.

In the art gallery you can enjoy selected art works by Mongolian artists with Mongolian historical significance and cultural information. In the restaurant you can enjoy European and Mongolian Cuisine.

The complex was designed by sculptor D. Erdembileg and architect J. Enkhjargal. Construction is currently underway and upon completion the statue will be surrounded by over 200 ger camps designed and arranged like the pattern of horse brand marks that were used by the 13th century Mongol tribes. 10 thousand trees will also be planted.The complex project plans also includes a spa, hotel and golf course reporting to be costing a massive $4.1 million.

The Statue is described as Chinggis Khan holding a golden whip in his hand as mounting his horse. This is the historical place where Temujin (his childhood name) found a golden whip on this hill during his travels to Hereid tribe.

Mongolians hope that this complex will provide a new and distinctive image for the Mongolian tourism industry. The Chinggis Khan Statue is currently the biggest equestrian statue in the world."

Hans K ger oss en ny fråga - antagligen i något mindre skala?

Användarvisningsbild
sveahk

Inlägg av sveahk » 25 februari 2019, 14:09

Tack - då växlar vi från Bamse till en fråga i musikens underbara värld...!

Här handlar det om fem musikartister eller grupper som, ska vi säga, blivit speciellt berömda för dessa fem låtar...
ettan.jpg
tvåan.jpg
trean.jpg
fyran.jpg
femman.jpg

Vilka spelar/sjunger och vad?

Hans K

currahee
Medlem

Inlägg av currahee » 25 februari 2019, 14:54

Bild nummer 1 syftar troligen på låten ”Strange fruit”med Billie Holiday.

/ currahee

Användarvisningsbild
sveahk

Inlägg av sveahk » 25 februari 2019, 16:26

currahee skrev:
25 februari 2019, 14:54
Bild nummer 1 syftar troligen på låten ”Strange fruit”med Billie Holiday.

/ currahee
Absolut!

One gone - four to go!

Hans K

currahee
Medlem

Inlägg av currahee » 25 februari 2019, 19:51

Kul fråga.
Kan trean vara Creedence Clearwater Revivals låt ”Cotton Fields”?

gissar currahee

Skriv svar